Negotiating with suppliers has evolved over the years. No longer is it simply about who can yell the loudest or think the fastest. Today, the most successful procurement negotiations focus on creating win-win situations with suppliers. When two organizations work together creatively, they often produce better business results than ever before. Learn how to negotiate using creative negotiation techniques so that you can start achieving better procurement results today. Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify creative avenues to pursue in negotiations
- Apply “reverse differentiation” to persuade your suppliers to offer better terms
- Use should cost models in negotiations
- Understand why focusing negotiations on price alone is short-sighted
- Negotiate for value-added services
- Apply psychology to a procurement negotiation
- Negotiate an already-signed contract
This is a self-paced course with no instructor-led forum and you have 30 days from registration to complete all course elements. It should take you approximately one hour to review the material and take any quizzes. All readings are provided in the course.
This course has been pre-approved for 1 CEH towards the CPOS, CPOP, CPOM, and CPOE certifications.