Being able to consistently lead procurement projects to successful conclusions involves learning and applying proven procurement project management principles. Professional Procurement Project Management will teach you everything you need to learn to successfully manage modern procurement projects. Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and execute the five phases of projects
- Create a project charter that will properly set management’s expectations
- Create standard project documents like work breakdown structures and Gantt charts that help to keep your projects on track
- Create network diagrams that will reveal realistic timelines for your projects
- Identify the critical path of projects in order to know where the biggest risks for project delay lie
- Identify the most significant risks facing your project
- Develop a risk plan and apply the four risk responses that are available to you
- Use project management software to make project monitoring easier, more accurate, and less time consuming
- Apply four tactics for accelerating a project
- Use the proper terminology and apply the techniques used by experienced and certified project managers
- Report project progress to management
- Understand what “scope creep” is and how to avoid it
This is a self-paced course with no instructor-led forum and you have 60 days from registration to complete all course elements. It should take you approximately 8 hours to review the material and take any quizzes. All readings are provided in the course.
This course has been pre-approved for 8 CEHs.