The more suppliers that you are responsible for, the more likely you’ll find yourself dealing with suppliers that fail to perform to their full potential. That doesn’t mean that perfect supplier performance is an unrealistic goal. There are certain ways you can work with your suppliers to get closer and closer to that goal. This course will teach you how to get started using supplier development as a weapon in your procurement arsenal. Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of a good supplier and a bad supplier
- Apply the six steps of the supplier development process
- Identify categories for supplier development
- Understand what the Kraljik Matrix is and how to use it in your supplier development program
- Understand what non-critical, bottleneck, leverage, and critical supplies are and the preferred procurement action for each
- Apply nine supplier development techniques that work
This is a self-paced course with no instructor-led forum and you have 30 days from registration to complete all course elements. It should take you approximately two hours to review the material and take any quizzes. All readings are provided in the course.
This course has been pre-approved for 2 CEHs towards the CPOS, CPOP, CPOM, and CPOE certifications.